Mini Entertainment Centre

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

I was looking around the internet and as a computer geek at heart I couldn’t pass up an article I seen on some random forum. It was about this retro looking computer/entertainment center. I love this idea. If I had access to a laser cutter, cnc machine, or any high-tech machine like those I would go nuts and make all kinds of things. Anyways I really like this concept. I could totally see this inside someone’s retro styled home, where it wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb. It would blend in to the point where you would leave you to wonder what kind of old contraption it actually is. The creator of the Mini Entertainment Centre built about 95% of the unit himself. The other 5% is the computer components. On his website you can see how he was able to make such a beautiful piece. For more information and to see photos of the progress you can check out his website by clicking on the image above or by going to Mini Media Centre.  Take a look at the detail its amazing.

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

Copyright © Thomas Thomassen

I really need one. I would love to build one of these someday. It just goes to show you what you can do if you put your mind to it. If you have any gizmos, mods, gadgets, or neato-quizeeto things like this please comment, and I may do a blog entry on your object.

Thanks for reading,

Skrach

Advertisements

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://vividlyvintage.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/mini-entertainment-centre/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: